Forsaken World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battleground pvp/rvr Poll

4 posters

Go down

Would you like to see Thidranki, Molvik, and Lerivik used as a pvp zone also?

Battleground pvp/rvr Poll I_vote_lcap100%Battleground pvp/rvr Poll I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Battleground pvp/rvr Poll I_vote_lcap0%Battleground pvp/rvr Poll I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Battleground pvp/rvr Poll Empty Battleground pvp/rvr Poll

Post by JonathonGM Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:05 pm

I was wondering if anybody would like to see thidranki (with towers), molvik and leirvik be added so we could possibly have some action going on. This will only happen if mannik supports it since he will have to redo the script for the keep system. But if this is made possible then it would be nice to see that the keeps are claimed by guilds so that other guilds will have the chance of capturing them also. Poll will be closed in 14days. Gamemasters may not vote unless there is a tie.

JonathonGM

Back to top Go down

Battleground pvp/rvr Poll Empty Re: Battleground pvp/rvr Poll

Post by Mannik Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm

lol jon xD man it would take me over a week to just get keeps to work properly with the pvp ruleset (there was a large bug that required me to remove keep systems from the ruleset) then who knows hoe long to rewrite the system as a guild system... though as i remember how it was written i do see possibility
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

https://simplymordred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonGM Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Lol I know Smile I think doing this tho would somewhat help with the server population since half the time there is not enough people on to do pvp to where we need something else to do instead of killing mobs in rp/bp zone for rp's.

JonathonGM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannik Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 pm

gf starts school again monday. meaning i have actual time to work on some of my projects i had going. mostly pve based but i plan to put some new pvp toys in as well
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonGM Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

Nice. Looking forward to see what all you got planned. If there is anything specific you want me to do let me know since I'm a lil clueless at what to be doing now lol. Also can I add SI bosses split up between those 3 bg's and add there loot so it'll also bring some attraction to the bg's? I'm trying to think of multiple ways you can get a bigger pop. Look at eden for example lol. They just reopened and I've done seen pop jump to 288ppl in 2-3days at one time hahaha.

JonathonGM

Back to top Go down

Post by 10d6 Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:46 am

I vote yes, for the zones being used, and being able to fight there and have guilds capture keeps. If it takes too much effort to make keeps and towers work properly, then the time needed to do this may well be used elsewhere (such as custom content, etc.). I honestly don't think battlegrounds are going to bring any new players to the server, it would just be more fluff for those of us that already play here. Having Eden re-open is sort of a kick n the teeth for us. They are already established as a well built server with good RvR and GvG action. Many people will be making characters there, and the fact that they are adding the pve aspect even appeals to me (sad to say, but there it is).

I feel that in order to draw lots of new players, we'd either have to provide what everyone else is only better, or give them something completely new to sink their teeth into. My favorite server of all time on DAoC Portal was 'Realm Wars'. I'm not sure who's brainchild it was, but Empty helped on it. It was based in Midgard, but some of the towns were set up as keeps, and could be taken. It was RvR ruleset, with 3 un-cappable starter towns (Galplen for hibs, Fort Atla for Mids and Mularn for Albs). It was new...it was different...and it was fun. It might be best to focus on Mannik's new system and classes, then decide on a setting. Condensing the fights to Mid is a good idea for a low population server, but if you want the people to come, they're going to want more. Co-op PvE area with a drop currency (scales, seals, glass...) used to purchase items, then an Arena of sorts such as the Labyrinth to PvP in are a couple ideas kicking around in my head.

I have tons of ideas, but they're all jumbling around so fast, and it's hard to elaborate and filter them at the moment, let alone get anything coherent written down. What little I have typed here has taken too much out of my gaming time as is. I'm trying to devote more time to my family and less time to DAoC these past few days, and it's hard. I'm an addict. I frickin' love this game. I'll stick it out here, and see where the server ends up going. Eden will die again, it always does. It would be cool if we were there to give the disillusioned players that can no longer log on there a home when it does.

-Feets
10d6
10d6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannik Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:16 am

i agree completely. i want to keep the pvp aspect but i may indeed use both jons idea and Realm Worlds type idea with towns that can be owned by a guild. easier to manage a new keep system when i dont have to worry about keep objects (walls/doors). maybe i can build a clan based rvr/pvp mash lets see where it goes after i get my list beat down a little
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciferx Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 am

On the note of things like faith, eden and I50 servers... they may start with good pop, but after a month or 2 they dwindle away to nothing.  Most players like the fill of having accomplished something and want to know that what they do wont be gone tomorrow.  Servers that have been up before and gone down ( brotherlands, eden, faith etc ) don't inspire long term play.  People who played on them before realize the server was created, died and is now reborn, how long will it last this time is a question they all gota ask there selves.  how much work are they willing to put into it when they know it might just vanish again?  

I just ingore servers like that.. I mean really there is a server that is listed on portal that has "yes again " in its name.. That does not insipre long term play.

If we want long term players we have to supply something they can't get any where else, make them earn it, than prove we will be around for the long term. We are slowly building up a player base. we have gone from just me, to having me, jon, feets, rage, kami, cash. I know thats know huge but slowly people are sticking around. The more polished things get, the more content they have access to the more that will stay. We still get some returning players who pop in every so often to see whats new. when that new is something they gota work for we will see more stay imo.

In that regards I hate to admite it but may need to lower xp rate a little further to x5. do x10 on sat / sun. I know thats easy for me to suggest when I got so many 50s but really lets look at the 2 main long term servers. Ulthgard is x1 xp and has the largest pop. Storm rvr / d2 both use x3 xp and allways have players and use to have alot more but slowly droped off cause of like of new content.

Also we gota ask our selves what kind of player base do we want? The i50 crowd is mostly imature intittled brats who have no respect for other players or the staff. Note I said MOSTLY not all are like that. the people willing to grind out lvls , farm items etc tend to be mature people, alot of them with family, friends who also play with them. the former might have a few friends but they count them on one hand, while the latter.. well they know the value of reputation and loyalty. I rather see the loyal family players than the imature brats just looking for quick fun.

Just my 2 cents on what / how to draw a good player base.

Luciferx

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonGM Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:49 am

I'm just throwing different idea's out trying to help build a population some while server is still in development.  lol! 

JonathonGM

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciferx Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:57 am

Very Happy yea I know man and its good Idea Im all for us having something to claim as a guild, and defend. Specially if what we claimed gave us something special.. Like 20% rp, bp, 5% item drop rate, 10% coin, 3% dmg, etc etc. However I can understand mannik's problem trying to completly recode keeps / towers, the doors, guards etc.. Thats ALOT of work specially for one person with a job and a GF ( which takes up more time I wonder? Razz ) adding 1 item to each town that is a copy might be alot less work specially if it doesn't spawn any thing. However I can imagine coding the bonus to apply only to the guild controling it.. fun fun.

Luciferx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum