Forsaken World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gear System

3 posters

Go down

New Gear System Empty New Gear System

Post by Mannik Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:27 pm

I know i havent gone into a lot of detail on the system i will be releasing hopfully within the next week so i figured i would take the time to explain it.

There will soon be a posibility for items to drop with 1 or more blank "sockets" currently shown as Property 236 but later will show correctly. if you find an item with this you can add almost any stat to the item with socket gems. these will be obtained in many ways.
PvE: will give low-to-medium grade gems (resists, stats, and some bonuses)
Quests: will give once-only gems of greater power(any bonus is possible)
PvP: will give high grade stat and resists as well as medium grade bonuses
Bosses/Events: can give high grade gems of any kind

there may also be the possibility of makibg crafting available as an alternitive way to receive the gear and gems (spellcraft/armor/tailor/weapon/fletch) if you think it would be best without the addition of crafting let me know!
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

https://simplymordred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Gear System Empty Re: New Gear System

Post by Luciferx Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 pm

I think adding it in on craft gear would be a nice additon and keep crafting viable.

base stats on craft is up to 4 slots... so lets say you make them drop from mobs with up to 6 sockets ( just guessing ). You can make it so that crafted items have a chance to gain 1- 2 ( or 1 - 3 ) sockets in addtion to what we can do with spell craftings 4 slots.

For spell crafting make 4 - 6 gems that can only be done with SC or gained through bosses / events. For example PVE to hit bonus, pve defense bonus, Bonus to spell range, bonus to combat spd, resist peirce. Just for a few examples. Just a few of them on spell crafting would keep it and crafted armor viable. Weapons are pretty much drop only any more, but if you wanted to bring back weapon crafting you could do the same as I sugested for armor.

Luciferx

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonGM Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Luciferx wrote:I think adding it in on craft gear would be a nice additon and keep crafting viable.

base stats on craft is up to 4 slots... so lets say you make them drop from mobs with up to 6 sockets ( just guessing ).  You can make it so that crafted items have a chance to gain 1- 2 ( or 1 - 3 ) sockets in addtion to what we can do with spell craftings 4 slots.

For spell crafting make 4 - 6 gems that can only be done with SC or gained through bosses / events.  For example PVE to hit bonus, pve defense bonus, Bonus to spell range, bonus to combat spd, resist peirce.   Just for a few examples.  Just a few of them on spell crafting would keep it and crafted armor viable.  Weapons are pretty much drop only any more, but if you wanted to bring back weapon crafting you could do the same as I sugested for armor.

I agree with this. I also wanted to say that if you do increase the stat cap to whatever you may have in mind why not increase the player level some and make it a lil more funner? If you do that tho I would suggest in increasing mob hit points etc to balance things out.

JonathonGM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannik Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:32 pm

increasing player levels make it hard to balance say spells and such. adding more spells would be a pain for the now 51 classes in the game i would on the other hand concider making Master Levels into my own creation (use their level system) to create a new Secondary Class system
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannik Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:34 pm

in thr next week here is my plan. Stats will be 10;x level for cap (500) at 50 and prolly remove stat cap bonuses resists cap at say 40 and dmg/speed and stuff doubled
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciferx Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 pm

sounds good.

However I highly recomend keeping swing spd cap the same, 1.5 attacks per second. If it gets faster than that people stop useing chain styles and just spam 1 style for max effect.

Luciferx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannik Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:35 am

okay we will see what we can do
Mannik
Mannik
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content